Key modules of Archive-Tools
- Archive single table
- Archive pair of tables
- Compress single ledger
- Compress pair of ledgers
- Copy a single table or pair of tables
- Copy entire Company data
- Any Dynamics NAV & BC table (base/add-on/custom/extension)
- Dimension handling
- Linked Tables handling
- Archive to a different database
- Archive to a different company
- Easy lookup of historical data
- Un-do function
- Fast execution through T-SQL scripts
Advantages of Archive-Tools
Small Operational Database
- Faster batch processing
- Faster reports
- Faster drill downs
- Faster backups
- Faster maintenance
Fiscal and Legal Requirements
- Retain detailed data for audit and detailed inspection
- Keeping statutory data with retention period requirements
- Data is kept, but it is not clogging the operational database
- View historic data in the archive database
- Registers of archiving and compression
- Reverse to original state in case of problems
- Reduce RAM and CPU requirements
- Reduce operation data volume on disk
The Archive-Tools are created specifically for Microsoft Dynamics NAV & BC. Whatever the current size of your database, you accumulate new data and transactions day by day. At some point, the historical data becomes too large and bulky. It will become more and more difficult to keep and maintain this data from a resources point of view (disks, memory), but also from a performance point of view.For example, it takes a long time to drill down to ledgers or produce reports.
While DBA’s can deploy the SQL Server feature Data Compression (as of SQL Server 2016 available in Standard Edition), this will only deal with the disks and RAM issue (at cost of additional CPU load), not with the quantity and bulkiness of all the data. Users therefore need a functionality that archives the data ’close by’, still available for inspection and audit but not clogging the operational database.
Our Archiving & Compression solution based on the Archive-Tools software does just that.
Our Archive-Tools products
Both Archive-Tools products allow users to select what data will be shifted to a secondary historic data database on a regular basis. There are two possibilities: Perform-Archiving moves the selected data from primary to historic database, whilst Perform-Compression not only moves the data, but also replaces the original detail ledger records with new summarized data. Imagine opening and closing balances’ records are created whilst detailed data is moved to somewhere else.
If you have inactive companies in your environment, the Perform-Dataport is the perfect solution to move it in a controlled way into a different database; without resorting to bulky native backup/restore type operations.